WOW … guess we’ve been posting a lot the past couple of days! We feel it’s necessary and when we have the time, we even like doing it. So here comes one more.
The title for this is What We Believe. But first, I think there is a little something that needs to be said.
We never tell anyone what they should, or should not believe or think. If asked our thoughts or opinions on something, we usually will give them. You may like it, or you may not. That’s up to you. We don’t beg anyone to believe or listen to us. Again, that’s up to you. We believe in free will. Our free will, and YOUR free will.
Hell, we don’t even ask that anyone like us. We are who we are, we are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. The reason for this post is that many times we have been asked, “What do you believe in?” “Are you religous?”
OK, so … I’m going to list off a few of the things we believe in. Starting with:
THE REDE of HONOR
- In all that you do, consider its benefit or harm upon yourself, your children, and your people.
- All that which you do will return to you, sooner or later, for good or for ill. Thus, strive always to do good to others, or at least strive always to be just.
- Be honest with yourself, and others. “This above all: to thine own self be true.”
- Humankind and especially your own family and folk has the spark of divinity within it. Protect and nurture that spark.
- Give your word sparingly, and adhere to it like iron.
- What you have HOLD!
- Pass on to others only those words which you have personally verified!!!!!!
- Be honest with others, and let them know that you expect honesty in return, always.
- The fury of the moment plays folly with the truth; to keep one’s head is a virtue.
- If you gain power, use it carefully and use it well.
- Courage and honor endure forever. Their echoes remain when the mountains have crumbled away.
- Pledge friendship and your services to those who are worthy. strengthen others and they will strengthen you.
- Love and care for your family and loved ones always!!!!!, and have the fierceness of a wolf in their protection!!
- The seeking of wisdom is a high virtue. Love of truth, honor, courage and loyalty are the hallmarks of the noble soul!
- Be prepared for whatever the future brings.
- Life with ALL it’s joys, struggles and ambiguities is to be embraced and lived to the fullest!
We believe in life! Living life with free will.
We believe in having the courage to stand and fight even when all others have fled.
We believe in protecting the weak the old and the innocents … children.
We believe in holding firm in the face of harsh words and slander. To not do so would be a insult to all those who stood before us.
We believe in freedom!! Fighting for it, and if necessary, dying for it.
We believe in righting injustisess. To not do so would be a slap against honor.
Miranda and I live by these codes, these rules of conduct, if you wish to call them that. There’s more, but I think some of will get the idea of what is in our hearts, and our souls. We stand and fight with an unbreakable spirit. We don’t know any other way.